Friday, October 9, 2009

What we do on a rainy day

(The creativity of my title astounds me.)


Stand outside to watch the rain pour. (Don't you just love those chubby cheeks?!)

Come back inside when we get cold. Watch the rain some more. (Actually, the cold just got to me - Sharks would have kept right on standing out there if I let him.)

And then we have chai to warm up. Which Sharks insists on calling "chai-wallah." Totally my fault. I couldn't stop saying that after seeing Slumdog Millionaire.

We wait for the mail. Our mail carrier is a sweet lady named Ouida (pronounced weed-a) who always remembers the boys' names and stops to chat every day. One day she told me I better get myself some echinacea to help prevent illness. Which is true. Just not something I was expecting her to say.


And finally, nap time. Or, should I say, stand-at-the-window-and-watch-the-rain-some-more time. Because that is what happened.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I totally understand watching the rain...it's like watching a fire. So long as it keeps going, I'm entertained. I hate when it ends...it's like a little magic disappears. Miss you, Erin! Wish I could come over for dinner this week (maybe next summer?). :)

HumbuckerChapell said...

so cute...