Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some like it fried

First, a note to Oprah:
Why oh why, do you insist on talking in an awful Southern accent every time you are around a Southerner for even a minute? Please stop with the "Yeehaaaws." Yes, it made your show at the Texas State fair a misery to watch.

Yes, I kept watching, but only because most of it involved fried food. And I finally found a fried food I do not think I would try: fried butter. I am fairly certain the real name for that is "heart attack." A freshly fried Corny Dog, however...

(Sidenote: the guy who makes fried butter is apparently a frying genius and only has to work 3 weeks out of every year, during the fair. The rest of the year he spends dreaming of other things to fry. A professional fryer, if you will. Not to be confused with a professional friar. Anyway, if you see me with a deep fryer, don't bother me, I'll be working.)

I am curious about what you have tried that is fried. The extent of my weird fried things experience would have to be a deep fried pizza from the chippy (fish & chip shop) in Edinburgh. (It was goooood, in case you are wondering.) They did make deep fried Mars bars, but I never tried that. Ah, the regret.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I LOVE fried pickles!

leslie the young mother said...

ok, fried butter? really?

i love all things fried, but perhaps that's too far....