Thursday, October 8, 2009

This showed up on our doorstep


I had been having a hard week and was feeling sorry for myself one day during nap time when I heard a knock at the door. I thought the Fed Ex guy was dropping off one of Chet's super compelling Law textbooks or something.

But I opened it to find the most beautiful brand-new double stroller sitting there. Double! It could fit both of my children at the same time! I promptly burst into tears, I was so overwhelmed. I simply could not believe that someone had thought of us and was so generous to us in such a practical way. That stroller was exactly what we needed. I honestly had to leave it in the box for awhile so that I could calm down enough to open it. Every time I looked at it I started to cry again; I just couldn’t believe it! What a blessing!

It was especially amazing because for the last year, I only had a single stroller, so I had been carrying Cedar on my back every time I went for a walk, which was a fine solution until I got pregant. Now it is just too much for my back to handle.

So receiving that stroller was truly a huge gift. God is good all the time! And He knows just what we need and how to accomplish it in our lives, often through the use of others.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

how awesome! He has a way of showing himself like that!
=)