Thursday, October 29, 2009

I promise, there's a point to this post

Both of our boys have 2 lovies that they sleep with (Chet hates that I call them that...though I am not really sure if there is another term for them. "Blankie-With-A-Head" just doesn't have the same ring to it. Any thoughts/suggestions?)

To be honest, I used to be totally freaked out by them and didn't understand why parents would choose to give those creepy looking headed blankets to their babies. But, then I had my own children and realized that I liked the idea of a washable blankie-buddy type thing.

Anyhoo, we picked out one of these Angel Dear blankies for each of them, and then a friend of Chet's gave each of the boys these super cute and floppy Silly Buddies, so they sleep with those as well. And since I have an intense desire to be completely equitable with my children (probably because my siblings and I tease my mom relentlessly about having a favorite child - hey, Nate!), I really wanted to be sure this new baby has both types of lovie.

Here are our picks for Hutch #3.

Owl
Bunny

So, can you guess what we found out today?

5 comments:

Jonesey said...

brothers gotta hug?

brite said...

Oh Congratulations! :) We have the same tradition and brought home the little frog when we found out Thomas was a boy. I used to buy those things at Twiggs, so I'm glad to have an online source! :) I love those blankets...the kids call them Duckie, Lamby, and Froggy. Very original, I know...but it was their idea, not mine.

Michael and Mandy said...

It's a hutchboy!!!

Joy said...

Another boy!!! :)

Shelly said...

Yeah! For lots of boys! And Jonesey cracks me up.