Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post-Nap Intrigue

First thing Sharks said when I got him up from his nap today: "Mommy, so I climb up there [his dresser] and fall and hit my tooth."

What?! Ok, son, how did you do that? Can you show mommy what you did?

"No, Mommy, can't show you, because it hurt my tooth." (He was totally incredulous that I asked that, as though I was asking him to hurt himself again.)

Then why do you have a bump on your forehead? (Still trying to figure that one out.) The only thing I can think of is that maybe he used the drawers as stairs to climb up the dresser, but how he managed to fall and hit his tooth (no evidence of any injury around his mouth) and get a goose egg on his head at the same time I have no idea.

Clearly he has been getting out of bed again when he is supposed to be sleeping. Did I mention that I ended up moving his bookshelf out of his room? I couldn't figure out the best way to discipline him for removing all of his books (yes, it happened again. and again.) and seeing as I am pregnant and tired, I opted for the momentary satisfaction of knowing those books will not be all over the floor after every nap. I guess he needed something new to do - hence the dresser climbing.

Second thing Sharks said after nap time: "Mommy, have a question for you. What is an ultrasound?"

Oh, boy. That little dude remembers every word he hears. I explained that it was how the doctor can check on the baby and take a picture to make sure the baby is healthy. He said, "Oh, I don't think so."

So I asked him what he thinks.

"I don't think anything, Mommy."

No comments: