Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Great Peruvian Adventure 2009

I was super excited about my trip to Peru next week (I'm in a friend's wedding) until my husband told me about this.

"If you are the slightest bit pudgy, you may want to reconsider that trip to Peru. Peruvian police have captured several members of a remote jungle gang that kills people for their fat. The fat is then reportedly sold on the black market for use in cosmetics."

First thought: Seriously?! Second thought: Cosmetics?! So now I have even more cause to regret those 10 lbs I put on last month...but thankfully I have a plan in case the baddies get me. Run. Away. Fast.

Lest you doubt my skills, let me just tell you that I raced my friend Lindsey in the rain the day before Deedo was born. And I won. Not a pretty sight, but still. I beat her in a foot race when I was very, very pregnant. (You will never live that down, Slowpoke.)

In other news, I am actually really excited about my trip. I even packed already, though my flight doesn't leave until 6am on Wednesday. Which means I have to arrive at the airport at 4 am. I have no idea what to expect from the trip other than that I will be with good friends. But most of all, I am excited to celebrate with my friend at her wedding!

Needless to say, I will be away from the blog for a week or so. I'll be sure to take pictures though, so check back next week for more from the Great Peruvian Adventure 2009.

2 comments:

brite said...

Wow- you are a brave woman! Can't wait to hear all about it. Is it a destination wedding or do they live there?

Amanda said...

I am excited for you all! Glad you and JR can go together! be safe!