Monday, November 16, 2009

All about Sharks

On Friday, Chet took Sharks to school with him. Since we are hoping to homeschool when the time comes, this is probably as close as we'll get to a first-day-of-school pic. I thought it was hysterical how alike my two lads of the same name look.




On Saturday, Sharks kept asking to sing Amazing Grace, and I was able to catch it on video. I told him to sing loudly; that would be why he is practically SHOUTING the words. I am going to pretend that it was simply enthusiasm. And yes, he is a bit (ha) off key - make a joyful noise, right?




This morning, during our quiet time, we read the story of Jesus being tempted by Satan in the desert, and how he was tempted by the same liar who tempted Adam and Eve in the garden. (We have been using the Jesus Storybook Bible.) Sharks said, "Oh, mommy, I know Adam and Eve, they ate the apple and it was very sad." Very, very sad indeed.

A few minutes later, we were reviewing what we had read, and I asked him to tell me who Jesus was. He told me that Jesus was God's promise. I am glad and amazed that such a little guy is grasping these gospel truths, at least on some level.

It reminded me of a song that was on some tape we listened to when I was little, called "Teach me while my heart is tender." That pretty much sums up this short time of toddlerhood. We have been given these tender hearts to teach and train, and I am again amazed at the blessing and responsibility we have as parents.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That video is awesome! So cute!

brite said...

Top picture is so sweet- who'd have ever imagined such a picture 5 years ago??? ;-)

Michael and Mandy said...

I'm sure you've got plenty of homeschooling resources in mind, but I have been reading some really inspiring books if you are interested. Some that I've never heard many of my other homeschooling friends mention. fyi . cute video.

Mama Hutch said...

Brite, I would hardly have imagined a picture of my husband and our son 3 years ago!!!

Mandy, actually, I have no resources in mind at all...any suggestions you have would be MUCH appreciated.

Michael and Mandy said...

Send me your email again...I'm sure I've got it one here, but if you email me then I'll remember to email you :) Oh, the mind games we play when we are mothers and have lost all short term memory.
mandymcbride@sbcglobal.net

Lori said...

That video is soooo precious!