Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random stuff

Pardon the jumping around...my brain is functioning with only 4 hours of sleep and let's be honest, I am kind of a space cadet at this point in life as it is.

Still have to get some pics up from Peru...but there are a bunch on Facebook if you want to check them out. It was a wonderful trip; I just get re-tired thinking about all that I did to get there and back again.

For now, we are just trucking along. Sharks has croup, Deeds has a mohawk, Chet has finals, and I have a squirmy baby growing inside.

Tuesday is the day I have been looking forward to all semester - Chet's last final, after which my brother and sis-in-law have offered to watch the boys so we can go out. Sushi and a movie, here we come.

Today's conversation with Sharks -

Me: Buddy, what kind of pet would you want, if you had one?
Sharks: Probably a camel.
Me: What would you do with a camel?
Sharks: I would ride it and you could put a string on it and walk it round and round. Like in my Bible.

(Later I realized that he meant a donkey and he was referring to the Triumphal Entry.)

I am reading A Foxfire Christmas and falling in love with the simplicity of Christmas past. Oh how I wish it was still possible to give oranges, stick candy, and rag dolls for presents. Or receive them.

Ok, I am off to bed. Hopefully Sharks will have a restful, barking-free night.

No comments: