Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bummer...literally.

So I have been having some intense pain recently...actually for a few months. And unfortunately it keeps getting worse. At this point, I am in pain if I stand too long, if I lift anything (even the boys) and especially when I sleep - rolling over just about does me in. Today I cried when getting out of bed, it was that bad.

At first I thought it was the psoas muscle, but after a little research I am fairly certain that I have Symphysis pubis dysfunction, which basically is pain caused by a misaligned or separated pelvis. Not so fun. But I am comforted by the fact that there is a name for what is causing all this pain.

Also, natural birth is recommend for women with this, so I'm right on track with that. Though thinking about being in labor on top of all of this is a bit overwhelming. One of those things where the Lord reminds me that HE is in control, not me.

Anybody else ever dealt with this before? As far as I can tell, there are no real treatments for it, other than being careful about certain movements and not lifting things. At least it will resolve itself after the baby is born, so that is encouraging.

3 comments:

The Lucht family said...

Sweet friend, do you see a chiropractor? I am guessing that maybe a chiropractor that has special training in working on pregnant women could maybe help you get a little relief. I see an awesome one out in Waterloo if you want a reference. (She is also my doula). I am so sorry that you have to deal with that pain!

HumbuckerChapell said...

I am so sorry Erin! We are praying for you!

Enjoy your time with family this weekend- looking forward to catch up when you get back!

Amanda said...

sorry girl! will pray that it goes away!!! Merry Christmas!