Monday, March 23, 2009

Eat it. Please do.

One of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom has to be that I can make whatever I want for lunch each day. Today I was feeling the need for...crepes. With Nutella of course. (Not that I share the Nutella with Harkins. He gets crepes with peanut butter.)

Easy to make, even easier to eat ;) So here you go, from the Joy of Cooking.


Crepes


Combine and whisk until smooth:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt


Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.


Place a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and coat with a little butter (don't really need butter if you've got a nonstick pan.) I use my smaller frying pan.



Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, lifting the pan off the heat and tilting and rotating it so that the batter forms an even, very thin layer.





Cook until the top is set and the underside is golden.


Turn the crepe over, using a spatula or your fingers (I use both) and cook until the second side is lightly browned.



Remove the crepe and stack on a plate. Eat a lot of them, one after another. (Don't forget the Nutella. Or lemon juice and sugar.) Then take a nap. (I did.)



3 comments:

HumbuckerChapell said...

ok. teach me. we tried to do crepes once and it was a disaster- the timing was off, the crepes accessories not ready. these look good... and i love nutella!

Mama Hutch said...

ooh, yes, I am thinking we should have a crepe party sometime soon...yum!

brite said...

you are hilarious!