Thursday, March 5, 2009

Did I mention that the car was just in the shop YESTERDAY?

I think we are a tough family to help.

Our car broke down on the way home from small group tonight. We thought the car stopped because it ran out of gas (that would make it my fault). Strike 1. I didn't have my cell phone which has all the important numbers in it, so Chet hightailed it back to our friend's house for help.

That left me stuck in the car with two seriously overtired chillens. Sharks did pretty well, all things considered, and I think he understood what was going on because he kept repeating, "Car broken. Pops help. Battery." ("Broken, battery" is typically his phrase for anything that isn't up to his standard. Bruise on his belly - "Broken, battery." Big splinter of wood peeling off the door - "Broken, battery." Any toy that doesn't make noise when Sharks thinks it should - "Broken, battery.") Deedo just cried.

After maybe 20 minutes, Chet made it back with our very kind friend (let's call him Mr. M). We loaded up the kid's in Mr. M's van and headed home. Of course, when we got there we realized that we had left the house key in our broken down car. And our neighbor who has our spare key was out for the evening. Back to the van. We made it to our car and then we couldn't find the key. After much scrambling and searching, we located it on my side of the car. Oops. (I had told Chet I was sure he had it.) Strike 2.

Back to our house. We actually made it inside this time. Chet and Mr. M and a gas can headed to the gas station, where Chet realized he didn't have his wallet...after pumping the gas. Strike 3. Poor Mr. M just can't get no satisfaction out of helping us.

Back to the car, where the guys realized that it wasn't that we ran out of gas, it was the battery.

And that is when I realized that Sharks might be a genius.

1 comment:

Joy said...

ha, i love your blog erin! that's so funny, sounds like something that would have happened to us. :)