Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Time is a concept I do not yet understand

This morning we did a bunch of activities, like blanket time, vehicle time, and puzzle time. (Apparently if you add "time" to whatever you are doing, it becomes an activity. Gotta get Sharks started on "fold that laundry time" or "pick up toys time" or "please make mommy a cup of tea time.")

My goal was to keep Deedo awake and not fussing because the time has come to break him of two naps. Unfortunately.

Well, it all seemed to go quite well and the morning flew by. I planned to go grocery shopping as soon as the boys ate lunch. And since they had to be hungry after all that activity-ing, I got their lunches made and plopped them in their seats at the table.

Then I headed to the kitchen for a cookbook and happened to glance at the clock. It said 10:26. As in still very much mid-morning. Not noon. So much for the morning flying by.

2 comments:

Jonesey said...

Oh my, I really did laugh out loud at the end so LOL!

I actually remember those days. Jones was in seminary and I was living in the tiny apartment above the Livingstons.

I made this schedule and literaly everything was "_____ Time" We had table time, bible time, story time, MOVIE time, scissors time, pencil time, lego time, train time, go to your room and give me a sec time, all printed up. I wish I still had it because I remember thinking, why does everything say "Time" on it.

You are hilarious, I wish you still lived here!

brite said...

Too funny...we do the same thing and an activity does seem more official if it has a name. Don't worry...as soon as baby #3 comes it will be lunchtime every day before you know it and you'll be doing everything you can to feed and have them in bed by 2pm! :)