Monday, August 17, 2009

Like a mojito without the good stuff

I love sweet tea, but since the caffeine and sugar aren't the greatest for me right now, I came up with this amazing new tea.

I used 4 teabags of Stash Moroccan Mint Green Tea and 2 teabags of Tazo China Green Tips in about 6 cups of water, maybe a little more. (Shucks, I don't know, I was winging it.)

After I brought it to a boil, I turned off the heat and let it steep for maybe 20 minutes.

Then I added 1 cup of sugar and let it cool. It was pretty sweet, but I added more water later.

After it cooled, I poured it into a gallon pitcher and filled it almost all the way up with water. (I kept tasting it along the way til I got it how I liked it.)

Now the most important part: I squeezed every last little bit of juice out of 4 limes and added it straight to the tea. I like to leave 4 lime halves in the tea, mostly for looks.

And that's it. Super refreshing and delicious.

Mojito-licious, if you will.

No comments: