Monday, August 10, 2009

I've got it this time

So. Never really had morning sickness when I was pregnant with the boys. Actually, I didn't find out I was pregnant with Deedo until I was 13 weeks. (Yes, I am that oblivious.) So I always felt like I was missing out on an important right of passage.

But now I can comiserate. I'm not gonna be all dramatic and say I have bad morning sickness. It's just definitely present all. the. time. Food doesn't even sound good. (Never thought you'd hear me say that.)

Hence the lack of blogging recently.

But, lest I disappoint you with this lame post, here are two embarrassing stories to hold you over until the next time I make it to the computer.

Story #1: I was driving to my parents' house to pick up the boys when this Taylor Swift song came on the radio. And I cried at the part where he asks her to marry him. Hello, hormones.

Story #2: I was driving home from my parents' house in Chet's car. I should add that his car has no A/C and it was over 90 degrees that day. Argh. Right as I pulled onto the highway, a truck that was transporting pigs passed right by me. Have you ever driven past one of those trucks? Try not to, please. So revolting. The smell was enough to knock me over, pregnant or not, but seeing as I am pregnant and all, I started gagging. Rolling up the windows did nothing but trap the stinking pig smell in the car with me. I ended up pulling over to lose it on the side of the road instead of in Chet's car. Oh. my. humiliating.

Aren't you glad I shared that with you?

2 comments:

Sarah C said...

I'm with you sister, I mean.....how can you discretely pull over to the side of the road and puke your guts out?! Hang in there :o)

Elisa said...

WOOOHOOO! You're pregs! Sorry about the pig incident...not fun. I hate throwing up. So you're due in the spring, eh? By then, I'll be writing my posts in Spanish...:) yeah, right. :) Miss you guys--and especially your boys!