Thursday, September 3, 2009

Passport Photos and Cookies

Today was a day of running errands and I was reminded again why I prefer to run one errand at a time, at least with the kids. I had to get my passport photo taken at Walgreens and since I know it will be around for at least 10 years I decided to put a little makeup on. Well, I should have just forgotten about that cause the picture is bad, folks, real bad. I had my hair in pigtail braids and a stretchy headband (my fashion statement of the year - I have maybe 7 different colored headbands...one for each day of the week apparently) but I didn't know that they make you take headbands off for the picture. Oh, part of the reason I am so into headbands is because it helps you hide the fact that you haven't washed your hair or that you are having a really bad hair day. Anyhoo, my hair was showing and it was frightening. AND I had the kids with me, so just imagine trying to keep your eye on the camera and your eye on two speedy little dudes. Hello, cross-eyes.

Then over to the grocery store for some odds and ends while we waited for the photos to develop. On the plus side, I can now legitimately park in the New and Expectant Mothers space again. And at our grocery store they let each kid have a free cookie from the bakery, so the boys love the grocery store. Wouldn't you? I mean, come on, free cookies!, so sometimes I go in for a pack of gum or something just to get the boys their cookies. Just kidding. I don't do that. Often.

And then back over to Walgreens to retrieve my photos where I got to groan at them again upon seeing the prints in real life.

Then to the Post Office to mail off my passport application. But there was a shift change and the only guy working didn't know how to do passport stuff so I had to wait. And wait. As my arm fell off from holding Deedo so long. Finally the new guy came and we got the thing mailed off, which was tough since by that point I had only one arm. I decided to pay an extra $1.10 for a money order since I forgot my checkbook. There was no way I was going to go home and back just for my checkbook. My sanity is worth $1.10, thankyouverymuch.

Then finally home for lunch (which no one really needed after the cookies.) And Naptime (which deserves to be capitalized.)

It may not sound like many errands and the kids were wonderful and that was a blessing. The tiring part is the in-out, in-out of the carseats, over and over again. And even that wouldn't be bad if our car wasn't falling apart. One of the back doors only opens from the inside which means I have to reach around from the front to the back to get it open. And we don't have power locks or whatever those are called, so it takes magic to get all the doors locked and unlocked every time we leave or get in.

Phew. I'm getting tired again just thinking about it. So I'll stay home for awhile.

No comments: