Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One determined little weiner dog

A guy from down the street stopped by yesterday to ask if I had seen his missing daschund. He was especially worried because his dog is blind and deaf.

I hadn't, but I'm wondering how he could possibly manage to lose his dog. The dog is blind and deaf. I mean, every time my neighbor lets his dog out, he has to carry him outside and then carry him back in. The dog can't have been moving very fast. Though maybe he just follows his nose. (Hey, that's exactly what I have been doing these past months...speaking of which, I've gotta run - I think I smell cookies.)

3 comments:

HumbuckerChapell said...

I know that dog! He's really overweight and they adopted him when he was *paralyzed*- saved him from being put down. Then one day the dog just started walking!

Maybe Toby has some weiner-sense and we could send him out to find the blind, deaf dog.

Lori said...

LOL! Good point!
Hope they find him! For some reason I have this fascination with short-legged doggies...hoping to talk Doug into getting one someday.:)

Mama Hutch said...

Whoa! I had no idea about the dog just up and walking! Crazy. We were thinking about letting them borrow our slinky dog until their's returns. (Slinky dogs are about as close to owning a pet as we'll get.)