Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One of those days

Not really the best of days, but I was reminded that my circumstances shouldn't cause me to lose my joy.

Today I made what was not the best decision of my life and took Sharks to the urgent care across the street. Long story short, he is fine and for that I am very thankful. But after 3 hours of waiting in the ER for a chest x-ray he didn't even need, I was definitely questioning my decision making.

And in the midst of having to decide what was best for the health of my children, I had my own little cry fest. Apparently every time I have to wait for more than an hour at the doctor, I cry. I just start thinking about my poor child sitting there miserable in Doctor's Office sicksville getting more ill by the minute when they could be resting at home and the tears flow. It gets results though. Five minutes after crying to the receptionist at the ER, we were in a room. I promise I didn't do it on purpose. I'm pregnant. Even telling Chet about it later made me cry.

So on the way home, I was still teary, and I said sorry to the boys about such a bad day and how I was sorry I made a bad decision, and Sharks said, "No, Mommy, it was a fun and awesome day." And then I was laughing hysterically and thanking the Lord for my little ones, who bring so much joy even when I am feeling like a failure of a mom.

3 comments:

Jonesey said...

Honey we have all been there on that one.

Even last time we were sick Super T was on the sofa with fever and cough for 3 days and I mentioned it to the doctor and they said bring him on in. Miraculously he was healed by the time we got home and I was so worried about the other things he might have picked up, etc. etc.

At lease you know he doesn't have pneumonia and you can rest a little easier.

Leah said...

Awww...Harkins knows how to lift his mommies spirits!

Love you!

Lori said...

Sorry for such a super hard day. Wow, Sharks comment sure melts the heart!