Sunday, April 19, 2009

This is why I love him

I was chatting with Chet in the kitchen when I noticed he was eating tortilla chips dipped in baby food. Yes. Eating like it was a treat. Baby food squash and mashed bananas that Cedar wouldn't eat during dinner.

I knew that Chet was not the kind of person who would throw away good food. But apparently bad food is also salvageable.

(He did just read this over my shoulder and say, "It was good food. Cedar eats better than I do.")

Now what to make of that?

Just remember what Grandma always says, "Don't turn your stomach into a trashcan."

6 comments:

Jonesey said...

that is very funny. maybe it will catch on in the internets and people all over the world will be buying up pureed squash. Way to go Chet.

brite said...

Frugality to the extreme! :)

Joy said...

wow, that is awesome. i guess it goes to show anything tastes good on a tortilla chip.

Mama Hutch said...

It was hilarious! I did a double take when I saw what he was eating. Joy,Chet would definitely agree - tortilla chips are his favorite!

Lori said...

That is awesome!

Leah said...

Yick!!