Thursday, April 16, 2009

I don't usually look at labels, but...

I used to be one of those people who would eat salads without salad dressing. Why eat stuff that makes eating healthy foods unhealthy, right?

After Cedar was born, that all changed. Salads just didn’t taste good. So I stopped eating my leafy greens.

Then one day I realized that it might be better for me to get my veggies even with the addition of salad dressing. So I went to the store and got me some Caesar Salad Dressing. And, um, croutons. Which Chet pronounces, ‘Cro-tons.’ (Like, crotons and protons and neutrons and croutons.) And yes, I ALWAYS mock him for it.

So there I was scarfing my Caesar salads. And I was loving them. I was thrilled to be eating my greens again.

Until yesterday when I looked at the salad dressing label. Note to self: NEVER LOOK AT THE LABEL OF ANYTHING THAT IS MAYONNAISE BASED. I should have known better.

Yeah, that’s 170 calories per 2 tablespoons.

Oops.

Sooo, I’ve decided to forgo the dressing in favor of this tasty treat. I’d much rather take in my calories this way:


Less calories than Caesar for a ½ cup of this.
Dig it.

1 comment:

brite said...

Hey! Sorry I didn't call... Cooper has no idea what a president even is! Maybe a king, but that's it. :) And I, too, have found Sorbet Heaven! I can't do any dairy, so it's my only treat right now. If you have a Kroger they have their own brand for half as much, but I haven't tasted it (yet). Lemon and raspberry in the freezer. Have a great weekend!