Monday, April 20, 2009

The DMV must have bladders of steel

Let me start with this: it has been an ordeal to get our cars licensed here. Mostly my fault, but also our cars are old. Anyway, finally, on Saturday I went to the DMV with the kids to register our cars.

The whole way there Sharks was saying, "Potty! Potty!" which didn't bode well.

Thankfully there was a parking space right out front.

So, I lugged Deedo inside in his car seat (stupid idea, really - 17lbs of baby + a whole lotta car seat + my weak arms= pain and ridiculousness), and held Sharks hand as we raced to the front desk to ask where the bathroom was.

The lady told me that there was no bathroom.

I asked again, adding that Sharks was only 2 years old and just potty trained, and oh please tell me there's a bathroom?

Again, nope.

You realize that this means she must hold it all day long, right? I mean, if there really is no bathroom. (Maybe that is why the people at the DMV are always in such bad moods.)

So I lugged and lurched myself and the kids back outside. I figured he'd just have to pee-pee on our car tire.

Of course, I looked around to make sure no one was watching us. And thankfully the doors to the DMV had that mirror glass which you can't see through.

I plopped Deeds in his carseat on the hood of the car. Of course Sharks is too little to just whip out his little boy part to pee-pee discreetly, so I had to completely drop his drawers. And since the whole point of this rigamarole was to avoid him peeing on himself, I had to grab his arms and dig my knee into his back so that he could make it over his clothes and onto the tire. (Think Titanic, when they are standing on the ship with arms spread.)

But we did it.

Once we made it back inside, though, the other people waiting started grinning and laughing. But I was sure they hadn't seen anything because of the mirror glass.

And that is when I looked back at the door and realized that mirror glass only prevents you from seeing in, not out.

Oh. my. goodness.

The door perfectly framed our car, which meant that everyone inside the DMV witnessed our little pee-pee escapade.

And after all that our car still isn't licensed.

2 comments:

brite said...

This was so very funny...you have a great way of telling stories, and anytime the DMV is involved there is usually a story to tell. Although this tops all of them!

Michael and Mandy said...

Maybe you should have had Sharks pee on the woman's foot.