Friday, February 18, 2011

Laundry day

I've been having this competition with my laundry. Kind of like a stare-down, or like a wait-out. You know?

Like when you wake up way too early in the morning to one of the kids crying, and you know your husband is awake too, but you are both too tired to move and so you each figure you can pretend to sleep the longest so as to avoid dealing with the situation.

That's what's going on with me and the laundry, your basic wait-out. When the laundry piles up, I throw it in the basement, and there it sits. End of story.

My logic is that that if I wait long enough the laundry will get sick and tired of sitting around, and wash itself. Then dry itself. And iron, fold, and hop in drawers all by itself.

(We have smart phones. So why not smart laundry? Are you with me, people?!)

Anyway, Sharks went to bed without any pants last night. (I was out.) Apparently Chet couldn't find any pj's or pants for the poor buddy so pants-free was he.

Really I think it was Chet's way of telling me that the laundry won.

Sigh.

Laundry: 1, Erin: 0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just needed to say that you make me laugh. Alll of the posts, but especially about your boys, the weirdness and the racing naked - very funny. Miss you guys, but thankful you write, Laundry is finished - headed to bed. katherine