Friday, January 21, 2011

A Home Date Night Extravaganza

(Note to Chet - halt in your tracks - no reading this one, mister. You'll ruin a surprise.)




It came to my attention a few weeks ago that my hubs has never had pizza delivered. Ever. Is he even American?! I didn't grow up getting pizza delivered regularly or anything, (my mom was a homemade pizza maker), but I know that at some point, I've ordered pizza.

It's time to remedy that. So tonight we are having Date Night At Home (thanks for that Brite idea, pun totally intended, sorry in advance.) Plus I have all the pieces to wear an outfit like this and since I have no reason to wear heels in my everyday life, Date Night it is. Not to mention the fact that it will be great to eat and talk together without interruption.

I mean, Chet is almost thirty after all, and he needs the experience of a delivered pizza before the big 3-0. So, thanks to a little Christmas gift from my Grandma, expressly for this purpose, I am secretly ordering pizza, to be delivered after the kiddos are all tucked into bed.

I can't wait to hand him the cash and say, "Here, go pay the delivery guy." Because that is when he will learn what dinner is. Ha. We have definitely never ordered food to be delivered in our married life, and since it's not going to be a regular thing, it feels kinda extravagant.

So here's to beer and pizza that I didn't have to make. And a sweet date night at the homestead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh!! fun!! hope it's a nice evening. cheers.

Jonesey said...

I LOVE IT!

Whoa, did he not have that in college, ever?

Jones used to BE a pizza delivery guy.

I know just what you mean about it being extravagant, what an excellent treat!

Hope it is wonderful.

Leah said...

HA! That is crazy! We happened to get pizza last night (we walked to get it). While I read this post to Steve he walked to the fridge and grabbed us some left-over pizza. I hope it's all Chet dreamed delivery pizza would be :D
xoxox
L