Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Brotherly Love

I've been skeptical when I hear other people talk about "the bond" their kids have.

When I read things like, "They are just so close and they love to be together..." what I really see is: "Blah blah blah-dy wishful thinking blah."

How cynical. I know.

But I've since changed my mind.

(Mushy mom-speak alert.)

These two have a bond. For realz.



Sharks can make Finn laugh like no-one else can. Sharks is the first one in the room to comfort his brother when he cries, and he always wants to rub "his sweetie's" head and give him kisses. In the picture, he just wanted the baby near him while he played.

And Finn responds to Sharks. He laughs at him and follows him around.

To be sure, Sharks has also pushed him over, taken toys away from him, and almost dropped him on his head. They are brothers, after all.

But thus far, I am thankful that there is evidence of love. I hope and pray that it continues as they grow.

No comments: