Monday, March 1, 2010

Rotund but still a little bit fun

When I was pregnant with Sharks, my sister and I came up with some awesome labels for the stages of pregnancy. (I can't remember if I have written about this before...so, pardon my non-functioning brain if I'm repeating myself.)

First, there's Pleasantly Plump (also known as the "Is she-isn't she?" stage, or the "I just look chubby" stage.)

Then we have Large and In Charge, my personal favorite, because this is when you look pregnant but don't yet feel (or look) like a whale.

Finally, there's Rotund and No Fun. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

The thing is, I want to come up with a name for the "Immediately After Baby Pops Out" stage. Something that encompasses all the elation and joy, plus the moment you realize that even though you thought all your baby weight went straight to your belly, now you can see that your belly was only hiding your enormous thighs.
My best idea for the moment is A baby! What good tidings, but look what your belly's been hiding!

So come on now, I know you can come up with better than that. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

brite said...

Can't think of anything better, but I can definitely relate! :) I recently took a friend through a photo tour of my pregnancies, just to calm her fears of getting huge and never being able to lose her weight. It was pretty comical to see what I look like 50 lbs heavier! You look great! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Oh, and did you order any soap? If not, I want to send you some as a baby gift. Let me know!

HumbuckerChapell said...

Ah, I just laughed out loud. Thank you for that. The day can now begin...

Mama Hutch said...

Brite, you are sweet! Nope, I haven't bought any of the soap yet - it was on my to-do list before baby arrives though!

Michael and Mandy said...

Oh cute! Oh crap!