Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nate and Ashley's Big Day

The most beautiful wedding I have EVER been to. And they did a wonderful job of making their guests feel well-loved. They had such cute creative touches, like the guest book was quilt squares that we got to sign. And since the wedding was outside, they had little fans for each guest and lemonade while we waited for the ceremony to start.
Trying to put on his tie. I may be smiling, but at that point it was all a facade. I was so stressed out about this little guy!
Ceremony took place just to the left of this picture. Gorgeous day. Waterfall. Flowers. String Quartet. Singing.

(So no one noticed the little ring bearer who didn't make it down the aisle only to make a beeline for "Uncle Nate" right after the bride got to the altar).

Ashley walked down the aisle to "How Deep the Father's Love For Us." And yes, I cried a little.

How cool is this?! With a real cowboy! (I guess we were pretty close to Branson...)
Reception. Love the twinkle lights. I can't believe I don't have a picture of Sharks dancing. He was tearing up the dance floor. And after the awful struggle to put the tux on, he wouldn't take it off. Not even the jacket, til the very end.
Gotta love the cake pictures. And the cake. So good.
After all the eating and dancing, when we thought there couldn't possibly be anything more coming...there was a sweet fireworks display (it was the Fourth of July, after all.) Since you all know what fireworks look like, I won't post a picture of them. However, you don't know what Sharks avoiding the fireworks looks like. So here it is for your viewing pleasure. I am pretty sure he didn't realize that it was the sound that was scaring him. My mom ended up covering his ears and he watched quite happily after that. Oh, and see the quilt? Every family at the wedding received one and we used them to sit on during the fireworks.
[pictures all taken by Leigh Broderick]

No comments: