Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ooh, I like it!

I would LOVE to make this bag. I just found out about the designer (I guess that's what you call her??), Amy Butler, last week and she has such awesome fabric and patterns. The only problem is that I'm really familiar with sewing straight lines (you know, burp cloths, curtains, more burp cloths), but I have never sewed from a pattern or made anything that has a curve in it.

And, since I'm kinda new to the sewing thing, I'm not sure if it would really be economical to buy all the stuff needed to make the bag (pattern, fabric, thread, etc) since I just might screw it up.

Those of you who sew, any thoughts?

4 comments:

ArtTxLinds said...

my suggestion is don't measure, don't sew in straight lines, and just wing the whole thing. that's how i sew, and things turn out mostly decent like 46% of the time!

Emily said...

my sister-in-law is all about amy butler and i have made some of her stuff and it is pretty easy. i think the best part about curves is that they aren't straight lines and so it doesn't matter if you mess up because you can't tell, it wasn't supposed to be straight in the first place! i say go for it- it is a little bit of an investment at first but it will be worth it!

HumbuckerChapell said...

LOVE Amy Butler... her fabrics are awesome. I have never tried her patterns (read "any patterns") but I'll try them with you! We should buy the pattern and use existing fabric...

Lori said...

Love the bag! Wish I knew how to sew! :)