Monday, June 15, 2009

We made it

(Alternate title: I am freakin tired.)

Before the flight I kept telling myself that it was only two hours of my life, so it couldn't be that bad. But yes, it can. Really. It can.

So first I had to drag both kids and Sharks car seat onto the plane (Deedo was going to sit in my lap). And that is when I looked up and saw that Sharks was bustin some major slack and by that I mean that his pants had fallen to his ankles. I must have forgotten to button them after I took him to the bathroom.

We made it into our seats just fine and a cute college girl sat next to us. Before I even had time to feel sorry for her for choosing that seat, she exchanged it with this old dude who had been sitting by her sister. He was nice, but kinda awkward around kids. (Every time Deeds grazed his arm he wiped it with a kleenex. I wanted to say, "Relax!" but I was too busy shoving Goldfish into two screaming mouths.)

And Sharks may have pee-peed a little on his pants when I tried to take him to the bathroom. We didn't fit all the way inside so I had to leave the door open and pretty much the whole plane heard me yell, "Oh shoot, stop peeing...oh well, too late."

And then of course he dumped his honey-roasted airplane peanuts all over his wet pants. We were in a mess.

We ended up coloring with markers for a while towards the end. I was so excited to see Chet and I was thinking that I didn't look half bad considering the circumstances. Little did I know that I had scribbled in blue all over my upper lip. (I like to call that the color humble).

But we made it. We are home. Chet is giving the boys a bath now so I have a few moments of quiet.

3 comments:

Emily said...

my mom and dad said they saw you on the plane/in the airport (i don't remember which)! she said it looked like things were going well so even though it seemed horrible, at least you appeared to have it all together!

HumbuckerChapell said...

Welcome back!!!

Ashley said...

It sounds funny to me..... But then again... they're not my kids.... I need to see your boys!! And you too...