Friday, June 19, 2009

Just life

Since we've been home I've been trying to rest. We did go over to the pool at a friend's house the day after we got back (that wasn't so much restful...you'd think I would have done the math: 2 kids + pool= I.must.be.insane) but it was great to see her and her sweet little baby. Though I did decide not to take the boys to the pool by myself again anytime soon. So since the pool is now out of the question, we've been making the most of parks and playgrounds nearby.

And we have been going on tons of walks together...I especially love the after-dinner walks. Now that Chet is done school for the summer, I feel so free! As I am sure he does.

While we were gone, Chet found this little organic and local grocery store, so we went over there to check it out last night. I am looking forward to buying local produce, meat, and milk as much as I can. We used to be part of a CSA in Chattanooga and I loved getting whatever weird vegetables were in season because it called for creativity in the kitchen. And who doesn't like to come up with a delicious recipe for kohlrabi?

Today I thought I'd take advantage of the sunshine and hang up the diapers outside. I have heard that the sun bleaches them, and boy do they need some bleaching. Frankly, I am embarrased by the state of them, so I hope none of my neighbors see...at least until they are white again. And I was very thankful (for the first time ever) that Chet sometimes forgets to lock the basement door, because I accidentally locked myself out when I stepped onto the porch to hang them.

Oh, and drumroll, please...I just joined the YMCA today. It's about 2 minutes from our house so I am hoping to get a lot of use out of it. I am so ready to have some abs again - it's been a long time since I've seen them. ;)

1 comment:

HumbuckerChapell said...

So I asked Jordan today if we are cancelling our gym membership after the move or just transferring it to another location. I hope your YMCA memberships serves you well!

Let's walk soon- tonight?