Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

In our house, The Wiggles is contraband. Chet figures that there is better shows for the boys to watch, and let's face it - The Wiggles aren't exactly manly.

Yesterday though, Sharks asked if he could take a Wiggles dvd on an upcoming road trip. Chet said no.

Of course Sharks tried to go all lawyer on us:
Mom! I have an idea. Maybe when Pops is at school we can watch The Wiggles!

(I tried my best to nip that in the bud - and explained that even when Pops isn't here we still remember and obey his words. I think he understood because he didn't ask about it anymore that night.)

The next morning at breakfast though, Sharks started chucking to himself and said,

Mom! I thought of something really silly. What if Pops died, and the rest of us were still alive - then could we watch The Wiggles?

(Sharks almost got his wish because Chet and I both just about died of laughter right there in the kitchen.)

After we recovered, Chet told Sharks that when he turns sixteen he can decide for himself whether or not to watch The Wiggles.

So my son is looking forward to being sixteen not because he'll be able to drive, but because it means the freedom to choose...to watch The Wiggles.

And I for one cannot wait for the day when I get to remind him of this moment.

7 comments:

holly said...

I agree totally about the wiggles, i don't let my kids watch it either-i find them a bit creepy and sleezy!! but luckily they don't seem to like them either!!!

Jonesey said...

Oh my word, that was so funny. Jones and I both laughed out loud AND I almost did a spit take.

Wow.

Good one.

brite said...

Warren has banned the Wiggles, too. He thinks making singing/dancing videos for children is a creepy occupation for men. :) But that's too funny...glad you have that memory preserved on the old blog.

Unknown said...

ha! i wish i'd read this before i offered you some dvds for the road trip. that's funny. (we don't have any Wiggles in our house either.)

HumbuckerChapell said...

Still laughing...

Babinsuit said...

very funny!! LOL
leslie wood

Elisa said...

Gosh, I love reading your blog! I'm with you on the Wiggles. However, I can't wait until Sharks is 16...you guys have so much fodder to entertain girlfriends for a long time!