Monday, December 13, 2010

Wintry Drinks


Two drinks we've been enjoying this winter:

Hot Milk and Milk Punch.


So, for the Hot Milk...well it is what is says and it's so easy it's hardly a recipe. But we love it.

Partly cause I kept forgetting to buy cocoa. (How unlike me, I know.) My mom made a variation of this when I was little if I couldn't sleep, so we'll call it a tradition. Even though now we drink it at all times of the day.

Oh right. The non-recipe, coming right up.

You need:
Milk, a cup or two
REAL maple syrup, to taste (you could use sugar - we just try to stick with more natural sweeteners.)
Cinnamon, sprinkle on the top (I let the boys do this, so we get a different amount every time.)
Vanilla, a capful or so

Mix in a pan and heat on the stove. Then drink and relax. It is perfect for when you are cold but have already had one too many coffees. (Actually that is pretty much my state of being.)

Though I have been known to put it IN my coffee, kinda like a Cinnamon Dolce Latte, but not. (I really want to write, "but Not-te" but it looks more like Naughty instead of rhyming with Latte. Sigh.)

And now for the Milk Punch, which is a little more grown-up. I have also been known to put that in my coffee. It is absolutely delicious, a perfect accompaniment to dessert, or for after dessert. Or for breakfast. Or for in your coffee. I may have mentioned that...

No comments: