Saturday, September 18, 2010

For All the...

The other day, we were playing ping-pong in the basement, when Sharks hit his ball into this giant old hose sitting on a shelf in the corner.

"Mom, come quick! My ball is lost in the countless hose!"

Took me a second, but then I realized what he was saying.

"From earth's wide bounds, from ocean's farthest coast,
Through gates of pearl streams in the countless host,
Singing to Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
Alleluia, Alleluia!"

[from For All the Saints, by William Walsham How]

I cannot even express how much I love these adorable language mishaps the little guys make. It is so precious when they try to apply the things they hear into everyday conversations. (Unless they are talking about nosepicking.)

What are some good ones your kids have said?

No comments: