Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bikes!



In honor of the annual bike race in our neighborhood, the boys decided that they wanted to race each other. (Which means Sharks speeds away while I do my best to push Deeds as fast as I can without 1) him falling off, 2) crashing into a tree, 3) tripping and looking like a doofus.)

Guess which one I didn't manage?

I was really excited about Deedo's bike - I found it at a yard sale. It had some rust on it (ok, actually everywhere there could be rust, there was rust) but after a quick trip to Home Depot for supplies and a little scrubbing, the bike was as good as it could be (for an old - let's say vintage - bike.)

Here's a sequence of photos for you - can you guess what's about to happen?





They made up this game where they yell, "deek!" and stab each other with their fingers. Doesn't sound like fun to me, but they think it's hilarious. Only this time Deeds stabbed Sharks in the nose.

(And yes, I should have seen that coming.)

2 comments:

Katie said...

the bike looks amazing! great job, mama!

Michael and Mandy said...

That is hilarious.