Thursday, September 16, 2010

Digging for gold (again)

(The older the boys get, the more I realize that these blog posts are slipping further and further into the abyss of boogers, farts, and legos.)

The other day at my mom's house, Sharks' finger was getting a little too clse to his nose, so my mom asked, "Why are you picking your nose, buddy?"

"I am picking my nose because mom picks her nose."

Oh. the. shame.

Soooo, I tried to salvage what remnants of dignity I could, and came up with a brilliant plan - Sharks and Mommy will both stop picking their noses.

(For the record, I am not a big nose picker. The way my child talks, you are probably thinking it's my new favorite hobby or something.)

Well. That plan didn't fly. Sharks said, "How about you keep picking your nose so I can keep picking mine?"

Sigh.

4 comments:

Emily said...

wow!! that is awesome!!

brite said...

Yeah, that's pretty embarrassing. :) My aunt always told her kids this: Everyone picks their nose, so the rule is, you must do it in the bathroom with a kleenex, and wash your hands afterward. I thought it was a reasonable approach so that's our rule. Our jobs as mothers is to take our kids from being barbarians to civilized members of society. This is a small step. ;-)

Lori said...

You always seem to manage to get me laughing really hard! :)

Mama Hutch said...

Brite! Good call. I like your aunt's honesty. I think we will make that our new policy.