Sunday, May 2, 2010

Can't a woman get some PEEce around here?

A few years ago, the ladies at our old church got together to talk about parenting. We all got to write down anonymous questions for a panel of moms to answer. One of the questions was, "Will I ever get to go to the bathroom in peace?" or something like that.

Sharks was probably just a few months old at the time, so I am sure I laughed to myself and thought, really? Can't you just shut the door? Or tell the kids to go somewhere else? Or hold it til your husband comes home?

Just another of those things I should NOT have judged before I experienced it. (Along with "I will not wear sweatpants every day.")

So now I'm the one wondering, "Will I ever pee in peace again?"

And I have the privelege of being asked questions like,

"Mommy, how do you do that all by yourself?!" - says Sharks, very impressed that I can wipe my own bum.

1 comment:

brite said...

Not sure what that guy said, but he/she totally doesn't understand what you are going through. But I do. :) We still need to talk! (hehe...and the word verification to get this posted was "go time." Goes with the theme!