Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wedding Ramblings

My friend Megan got married this weekend and Chet and I travelled (alone!) to the wedding. My parents kept the boys, who both got sick while we were gone. I cannot imagine how miserable it would have been if we had taken them with us!

It was so good to have the time with just the two of us. Ten hours there and back just flew by. I think we only stopped once on the way there (which is a miracle in and of itself what with my pregnant bladder and all.)

Somehow, we kept waking up early - the first day at 6, the second day at 5. (And to think that I was so looking forward to sleeping in since we had no responsibilities.) Oh well, more time together. We were cracking each other up (all you can do is laugh when you are awake before daylight), and Chet said, "I forgot how much fun it is to be with you!" which made us laugh even more.

It is just that so often our days are spent in parenting and studying (and sleeping if we're lucky.) How easy it is to forget to enjoy each other amidst the craziness.

Anyway, we got to Atlanta on Friday, just in time for me to get fitted for my bridesmaid's dress. The seamstress (actually it was a dude - so does that make him a seamster?) made the dress in 2 hours, then did the alterations in fifteen minutes. It was amazing.

Here's a picture I nabbed from Facebook. Check out the couple making out in the corner. Ha.

I loved seeing old friends and simply enjoyed being at the wedding with my husband.

3 comments:

brite said...

How cute are you?!?!

Lori said...

I think that couple making out in the corner kind of like each other! ;)

Elisa said...

What fun! And to be caught making out...man, you guys are the real thing! :)