Friday, May 15, 2009

Family time

These past few days have been filled with lots of family time.

First, Chet and I went out together to a local Italian restaurant. A date! With just the two of us! Loved it. We walked there, and I ate so much pasta that Chet had to roll me home.



My mom watched the kids while we were out, and when we came home, Sharks was so excited to see us that he simply couldn't fall asleep - until 10:30. (And that's what happens when you let your kids sleep in until 10, folks.)

On Wednesday, we went to the zoo. It's free here and 10 minutes from our house, so we go often. But we've never been with Chet before. Chet's mom gave us some money to take Sharks on the carousel, which he loved. (He cried when we took him off. The guy who worked there thought it was great, and called the hysterical Sharks a "satisfied customer." Not exactly what I would call it. I usually call that kind of thing a tantrum.) Anyway, we found out that during the first hour the zoo is open the carousel is free. So I took him back yesterday for 40 minutes of riding the animals, and then Chet took him back AGAIN today for yet another dose of carousel love.
(The late nights must be catching up with him.)
(And I'd be willing to bet $20 that Chet's dad would ask if we comb Sharks' hair with a wagon wheel.)
Tonight, I'm making this (I had all the ingredients...weird, I know), we're going for a walk, the kids will (hopefully) go to bed on time, and then Chet and I get to hang out. Maybe play Scrabble. And yes, I'm going to kick Chet's tail. Not that we're competitive or anything. No siree.
I LOVE having my husband home.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

SO fun!! I love Aucker family time..... I'm sure Hutchinson family time is waaay entertaining!

Michael and Mandy said...

You "happened" to have hoisin and tamari???