Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Girls' Weekend!

This weekend, my hubs was kind enough to watch the boys while I headed to Savannah to spend a few days with my college roomies. It was a very spontaneous trip - we planned it exactly one week beforehand - so we were all thankful it worked out so well.

(Despite sitting on the runway in the plane with Finn for 4 hours. No biggie.)


Of course it was all worth it to see these ladies! We lived in a house together senior year (plus Cindy, who couldn't be there this time) and saved up for a beach trip before we graduated. So it was perfect to be able to head back to the beach and just be together.


This is Anna, who just arrived back in the States after a year in Azerbaijan. (I get bonus points if I spelled that right.) Needless to say, we were more than excited to see her and hear about her time in Eurasia, or as we like to say, YOURasia.

I am very thankful for wonderful friends who loved on Finn and were so willing to hold him. He, in turn, was thrilled to be the center of attention, and co-operated with our craziness by being sweeter than ever.



He even experienced the ocean for the first time. Not a fan, however. Ah, well. You win some, you lose some.



We spent most of Saturday at the beach, then got dressed for a night on the town. With a baby. So you know we partied all crazy. We even got FroYo.





Funny how a weekend with friends, though more physically exhausting than I had anticipated, was so emotionally and mentally restoring. I am so thankful for God's blessing me with friends who encourage, challenge, and laugh with (and at) me.

(Photo credit to Lindsey and maybe some of the other girls.)

No comments: