Friday, July 2, 2010

Baldy

By the time Sharks turned one, I think he'd already had 2 or 3 haircuts. Then someone told me I was supposed to wait until he was one for his first haircut. Like it was a thing. One of those things like having six month pictures taken and making a baby book. Apparently, things aren't my Thing.

So when Finn's hair started falling out all across the front, and his large noggin began to look remarkably monkish, I had to do something. It was driving me crazy. Clearly the best solution was to shave his head.

So I did it. I shaved my 3-month old's head. I plopped him in the bumbo, pulled out the clippers, and buzzed it all off. (Later my friend told me that it's common to shave babies' heads in Russia. At least what I did is normal somewhere.)



And this is with almost a month of new growth - there is hair on his head, I promise. It's just very blond.

Unfortunately, I kept wanting to say, "Aww, look at his bald noggin." Which made me think of this. Creepy.

(Which reminds me of this: The other day, Sharks asked me what creepy meant. I told him it meant gross and weird. And he added, "And kind of a little bit dead?")

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awesome! :) Love it!
Hilarious about what Sharks said about the definition of Creepy! :)